Adjunct Faculty - Professional Capstone and Practicum - Online - College of Nursing and Health Care Profession
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as an online adjunct faculty member for the online division in the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions College, which boasts a rich 30-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs. Students can earn their RN to BSN, or a master’s in nursing degree specializing in advanced patient care or in the emerging fields of health care administration, management, or public health.
As an adjunct faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction in an online format, incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction, we’d like to hear from you.
Immediate part-time, online instructors needed for NRS-493: Professional Capstone and Practicum
This is a writing-intensive course. The course combines scholarly activities with clinical practice experiences designed to synthesize learning into the practice environment and impact health outcomes. Students participate in planned, clinical experiences that refine professional competencies at the baccalaureate level and enable students to integrate new knowledge and higher level skills to advance nursing practice. Clinical practice hours will be dedicated to learning objectives in leadership and in community health. The professional capstone project offers students the opportunity to propose a resolution to an issue or problem significant to nursing practice within a clinical environment. Students identify, design, and propose an evidence-based solution within a health care organization with guidance from faculty and a preceptor in the field. The proposal must reflect synthesis and integration of course content and professional practice. Development of the capstone project is guided by the baccalaureate program student learning outcomes.
- Required: Masters in Nursing (MSN) and 3 year’s professional, clinical experience. Leadership roles highly preferred, along with teaching experience (classroom or hospital setting).
- Preferred: Doctorate in Nursing (DNP/PhD).
- Nurses must maintain an active unencumbered, multi-state RN license in a compact state. If you are unsure if you are in a compact state, visit: https://www.ncsbn.org/nurse-licensure-compact.htm. The compact states are in dark blue. Please check this before applying.
- Teaching experience required. Preference given to clinical/nurse educator (in a hospital setting) experience.
- Must be wiling to have a dual role of facilitator/preceptor to an MSNEd student during the class. They will act as an "assistant" to you in the class, while earning hours.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Before submitting your application please attach the following:
- Your unofficial transcripts for your highest conferred degree. Must show conferred date.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession.
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.