Adjunct Faculty-Nursing Practitioner Student Site Supervisor-College of Nursing and Health Care Professions
Adjunct faculty candidates who are employed full time by Veteran’s Affairs and who are hired by GCU should have a waiver on file with the VA regarding employment with a for-profit educational institution. Waivers are available from the VA.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as an adjunct faculty member for the traditional ground campus in the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions, which boasts a rich 30-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs. Students can earn their RN to BSN, or a master’s in nursing degree specializing in advanced patient care or in the emerging fields of health care administration, management, or public health.
As an adjunct faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we’d like to hear from you.
We have an immediate need for Nursing Practitioner Student Site Supervisors for our Advanced Practice nursing students that reside in the state of Texas. Only those residing in Texas will be considered at this time. We are looking for those that are willing to drive to El Paso. A Texas APRN is required. Please specify your APRN on your application and resume. This position is in need of Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (ACNP) candidates.
This position will reside in El Paso, Texas.
The Nursing Practitioner Student Site Supervisor will conduct a single evaluation using a standardized process of characterizing and appraising some aspects of a student’s learning. This may include evaluating performance of head to toe health assessments or clinical competency.
Immediate Part-Time Role: Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Ability to travel to a facility or site location within 60 miles from your residency.
- Establish and maintain a professional working relationship with the cooperating health care organization.
- Maintain effective communication with the student, cooperating preceptor/mentor, Office of Field Experience (OFE), and the GCU Course Faculty.
- Provide additional sources of information during contracted weeks with the student and by being available through phone, email, and cooperatively deriving workable solutions if difficulties arise.
- Encourage learner responsibility in the student field experience.
- Keep adequate records on the CONHCP student and supply those records to the GCU Course Faculty (use of external software - Typhon).
- Apply evaluation procedures and supply those results to the GCU Course Faculty.
- Required: Graduate degree in nursing and board certification.
- Active and unencumbered RN and ACNP license in state where site visit is conducted verified through individual state boards of nursing website (TX).
- Minimum of two (2) years working as an ACNP REQUIRED. Please provide license number and specialty on the application. You will not be considered if you do not have an ACNP or it is not clear on your application that you currently hold an APRN license.
- ANCC or AANP license.
- All licenses must reflect a initial recognition date of at least two years passed.
- This position is in need of Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (ACNP) candidates.
- English grammar and writing proficiency.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Must successfully pass a drug test.
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
GCU’s Christian worldview has shaped the university’s mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University please visit us at www.gcu.edu.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: R000013160-1