Adjunct Faculty - Clinical Rotations - Med/Surg WEST VALLEY - College of Nursing and Health Care Professions
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a clinical adjunct faculty member for the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions at various valley locations. The college boasts a rich 30-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs where students can earn their RN to BSN, or a master’s in nursing degree specializing in advanced patient care or in the emerging fields of health care administration, management, or public health.
As a clinical adjunct faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we’d like to hear from you.
Immediate, part-time need for clinicians for the pre-licensure BSN program. We are specifically looking for applicants with direct patient care, specializing in Med/Surg, who live in the West Valley or are willing to drive to the West Valley. Mileage will not be reimbursed. You will only be required to work 1 day a week, but can work more, if your schedule allows.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND EXPECTATIONS:
Demonstrate knowledge of the GCU mission and vision, the nursing program mission and philosophy, student learning outcomes, the curriculum model, and clinical expectations.
- Facilitates student application of theory to clinical.
- Communicates effectively utilizing professional techniques with clinical agency representatives, staff, faculty, and students.
- Identifies and immediately communicates problem areas/clinical areas of concern to lead faculty and recommends changes and solutions as appropriate.
- Provides weekly and as needed communication with College of Nursing leadership and course faculty concerning student progress including successes and identified needs, clinical issues, suggestions, and professional learning needs utilizing the Communication Form.
- Demonstrates quality nursing care, problem solving skills, effective use of resources, collaboration with other health professionals, and professional standards as outlined by the College of Nursing. .
- Adheres to/enforces the policies and procedures of GCU, the College of Nursing, and the clinical facility assigned.
COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Integrity and Ethics
- Student and Customer Oriented
- Action Oriented/Problem Solving
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to successfully perform the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree required (BSN), Master’s degree preferred (MSN).
- 3 years of recent experience as a professional nurse providing direct patient care. Two of those years must be related to the specialty.
- Active and unencumbered AZ RN multi-state license required. Please included your RN license number on your resume.
- Must successfully pass a drug test.
- We are specifically looking for applicants with direct patient care, specializing in Med/Surg, who live in the West Valley or are willing to drive to the West Valley. Mileage will not be reimbursed. You will only be required to work 1 day a week, but can work more, if your schedule allows.
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.