Adjunct - Ethical and Spiritual Decision Making in Health Care - Online - College of Theology
Adjunct faculty candidates who are employed full time by Veteran’s Affairs and who are hired by GCU should have a waiver on file with the VA regarding employment with a for-profit educational institution. Waivers are available from the VA.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as an online adjunct faculty member for the online division in the College of Theology . For those with a passion for ministry and helping others through Christ, the College of Theology offers bachelor and master’s degrees in Christian Studies . Specializations include Youth Ministry, Pastoral Ministry, Biblical Studies and Christian Leadership.
As an adjunct faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction in an online format, incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction, we’d like to hear from you.
PHI-413V: Ethical and Spiritual Decision Making in Health Care
This course introduces a Christian foundation for spiritual assessment and care with specific emphasis on biomedical ethical principles and ethical decision making within nursing practice. Students practice assessment and propose holistic interventions that take into account the dignity of the human person. These assessments and interventions contribute to the physical and spiritual well-being of individuals across the life span and the health-illness continuum.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. Other main responsibilities include the following:
- Active and substantive participate in the weekly discussion at least four out of seven days a week.
- Weekly integration of GCU’s Mission, Vision, and Christian Worldview in classroom facilitation.
- Demonstration of effective written communication skills (i.e. clarity, spelling, grammar) and an overall professional tone.
- Providing timely and effective assignment feedback.
- Minimum: Masters in a Bio-ethics related field or Masters in Divinity from an accredited college or university with coursework in New and Old Testament and world religions AND 2 or more years professional experience in the healthcare industry or pastoral care or chaplaincy or teaching Christian worldview and Spirituality or Christian Values in Healthcare and Wellness at the postsecondary level. Preference given to individuals with a Doctorate.
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
GCU’s Christian worldview has shaped the university’s mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University please visit us at www.gcu.edu.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: R000013527-1