Adjunct - Dissertation Committee SDA Methodologist - Online - College of Doctoral Studies
Adjunct faculty candidates who are employed full time by Veteran’s Affairs and who are hired by GCU should have a waiver on file with the VA regarding employment with a for-profit educational institution. Waivers are available from the VA.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as an online adjunct faculty member for the online division in the College of Doctoral Studies , which offers programs tailored towards the interests of our students, including: Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership, Doctor of Business Administration , and Doctor of Philosophy in General Psychology. Specializations are offered that respond to the needs of a global society.
As an adjunct faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction in an online format, incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction, we’d like to hear from you.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. Other main responsibilities include the following:
- Consult on study design for doctoral students in the Ed.D, Ph.D, and/or DBA programs for approximately 75 learners
- Provide high quality, substantive, and timely methodological feedback on doctoral artifacts
- Participate in proposal and dissertation defense calls
- Participate in dissertation committee meetings as needed
- Participate in monthly SDA methodologist and chair meetings
- Support processes and procedures for promoting quality dissertation research.
- Maintain records and updates as required by the college for each learner
- Doctorate (Ed.D, Ph.D, or DBA) from a regionally accredited institution with scholarly publications/presentations is required.
- Three years or more experience teaching graduate level statistics or research methods (qualitative or quantitative or mixed)
- Experience working online and/or in a virtual team environment desired
- Preference given to individuals with demonstrated experience supervising and mentoring graduate students and peer-reviewed publications/presentations
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
GCU’s Christian worldview has shaped the university’s mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University please visit us at www.gcu.edu.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: R000013443-1