Adjunct - Approaches to Research Design and Data Analysis - Cohort Traditional Campus - College of Doctoral Studies
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a cohort adjunct faculty member for the College of Doctoral Studies at [site location]. The college offers programs tailored towards the interests of our students, including: Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership, Doctor of Business Administration , and Doctor of Philosophy in General Psychology. Specializations are offered that respond to the needs of a global society.
As an adjunct faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we’d like to hear from you.
RES-866: Approaches to Research Design and Data Analysis
This course provides learners with an overview of qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods approaches with emphasis on conceptual and practical aspects of data collection, management, and analysis. Learners use their research prospectus to align the research question(s) and variables of interest with the appropriate data collection and analytical techniques.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession.
- Facilitates course both online and in one face-to-face course meeting one week day a week from 5:30pm - 9:30pm.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Minimum: Doctorate from a regionally accredited institution is required. PhD Statistics OR Doctorate in a related discipline with 9 graduate credits in Statistics.
- Two of the following is preferred:
- 1. At least 3 years experience teaching graduate level statistics or research methods (qualitative or quantitative or and mixed) coursework.
- 2. At least 5 years of progressive professional experience using statistics or demonstrated expertise through scholarly research as an academic or professional researcher (minimum: project or program design and evaluation or or secondary data analysis or primary data collection and analysis)secondary data analysis or primary data collection and analysis).
- 3. Demonstrated expertise through publications or related professional or dissertation committee experience. Preference given to individuals with Scholarly publications/presentations.
- Two of the following is preferred:
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.