Adjunct - Advanced Taxation - Cohort Traditional Campus - Colangelo College of Business
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a cohort adjunct faculty member for the Colangelo College of Business at [site location]. At the cornerstone of every degree earned at the Colangelo College of Business is an education that develops values driven business leaders. The college features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
As an adjunct faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we’d like to hear from you.
ACC-668: Advanced Taxation
This course is a study of the theory and practices of accounting for income taxes of corporations, partnerships, estates, and trusts. In addition, students will explore advanced tax planning concepts, including international tax implications. Prerequisites: ACC-616 and BUS-623.
*Course is runs from 10/04/18 - 12/05/18, on Monday evenings from 6:00pm - 10:00pm.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. Other main responsibilities include the following:
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Preferred: PhD/DBA Accounting or Doctorate in a accounting related discipline AND Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA). Masters in Business Administration (MBA) or Masters in Accounting required if Doctorate is not in a business discipline. Experience in corporate taxation.
- Minimum: Masters in Accounting or Masters in Business Administration (MBA) AND Must meet two exceptional experience criteria:
- a. Significant accounting work experience.
- b. Management experience of significant level and duration in the accounting field.
- c. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) certified within the past 10 years.
- d. Currently enrolled in a terminal or doctoral degree program in accounting or business with a minimum of 18 credits successfully completed.
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.