Grand Canyon University’s Campus Event Services department is seeking a full time Accounting Coordinator. This position will work on the main campus and hours may include evenings and weekends according to business needs.
- Assists with month end accounting and special tasks including account reconciliations and revenue analysis.
- Analyzes the accounts receivable aging, and creates weekly financial reporting for the Operations departments.
- Reconciles accounts receivable deposits to the General Ledger, investigates and resolves inaccuracies.
- Throughout the month, conducts various account analyses, reconciliations and performs other related accounting functions as necessary.
- Assists with processes to ensure compliance with Title IV issues and maintains best practices in accounts receivable.
- Assists with check verifications, processes account adjustments and administers payments.
- Reviews and coordinates stale-date checks and credit balance processes.
- Participates in or assists with ad hoc projects as assigned.
- Recommends and participates in process improvements.
- Keeps abreast of GCU policies and governmental regulations to ensure currency of knowledge.
- Attends meetings as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or a related discipline from a regionally accredited institution.
- Two years’ accounting work experience; work experience in higher education is preferred but not required.
- An equivalent combination of relevant work experience and education may be substituted upon supervisor’s approval.
- Knowledgeable of and familiar with GAAP.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, analyses and reporting of financial data.
- Results focused and detail oriented.
- Self-motivated with excellent analytical skills.
- Good planning and organizational skills with attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Good communications skills with a good command of the English language.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite software including Excel, and other software databases such as CampusVue, or accounting information systems.
- Knowledgeable of Department of Education Title IV regulations.
- Excellent time management and the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and maintaining good working relationships and work effectively with people of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Good problem solving skills and sound judgment
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.