Account Executive- Online Division- International/Tribal
Adjunct faculty candidates who are employed full time by Veteran’s Affairs and who are hired by GCU should have a waiver on file with the VA regarding employment with a for-profit educational institution. Waivers are available from the VA.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re passionate about education and have an entrepreneurial spirit, consider an Account Executive position with Grand Canyon University as your next exciting career move. GCU’s International Division - Online Division is seeking a self-motivated, business development professional to build awareness of our online academic programs within the Tacoma, WA territory (includes travel throughout western Washington). You will focus on building relationships with businesses/organizations to expand our reach to prospective students. You’ll also take an active role in supporting prospective students through the admissions process to guide them on the right path towards a successful online learning experience.
Starting salary is $65,000 a year.
- Work remotely within your assigned territory, managing and implementing strategies to increase prospective student inquiries.
- Cold calling key decision makers at prospective businesses/organizations to build relationships and create a pipeline of prospective students.
- Create and execute event/activity plans, which includes conducting informational, prospective student presentations.
- Counsel students on the enrollment process from lead generation through first few classes
- Maintain and grow inquiry and account databases.
- Significant regional travel within assigned territory.
- 3 years’ demonstrated success in outside business development, consultative sales or account management experience. Prior higher education experience a plus.
- A bachelor’s degree (highly preferred) or 5 years of related experience with a minimum of 60 college credits completed and progressing toward an undergraduate degree.
- Excellent interpersonal and sales presentation skills with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- An entrepreneurial and determined attitude in order to meet performance targets, and the confidence to work independently without daily oversight.
- Computer/office software proficiency including MS Office Suite and CRM tools.
- Requires use of a personal vehicle, a valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Cannot be delinquent or in default on a federal student loan as verified in your credit report. If in a rehabilitation program, your credit report must reflect that you are current, not delinquent, on your payments.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evening and weekend hours.
GCU’s Christian worldview has shaped the university’s mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University please visit us at www.gcu.edu.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000013041