Academic Records Specialist
Grand Canyon University’s Office of Academic Records is seeking an Academic Records Specialist. The selected candidate will review and analyze students’ academic status data related to degree progression. This will include monitoring several reports to review students throughout their program of study, as well as working with other departments to ensure students are on pace to graduate.
- Resolve escalated issues from Student Service Counselors using critical thinking and problem-solving skills, including but not limited to degree progression related issues
- Process requests submitted by Student Services Counselors within agreed upon Service Level Agreement depending on type of request
- Create resources and collaborate to ensure adequate knowledge sharing occurs between departments regarding degree progression related information
- Evaluate coursework from other institutions to determine an Institutional decision for future application of the course to university degree programs.
- Respond to requests and inquiries routed to the Office of Academic Records from students and other entities
- Operate with professionalism and integrity as a representative of the Office of Academic Records.
- Coordinate with management and other departments, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution required
- One year relevant work experience preferably in higher education.
- Planning and organizational skills with attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to work effectively with people of diverse cultural backgrounds and/or in team environments
- Written communications skills with a good command of the English language
- Problem solving ability and sound judgment
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite including Excel spreadsheets and a familiarity with software databases is helpful
- Must maintain a high degree of ethics and integrity
- Must maintain confidentiality of information
- Provide a positive example by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.