Academic Records Specialist II
Grand Canyon University’s Office of Academic Records is seeking an Academic Records Specialist. The selected candidate will review and analyze academic student data related to graduation. This will include monitoring several reports to review students at the completion of their program, preparing official documents to be sent to students, and working with other team members as well as management to provide high-quality service to internal and external stakeholders.
- Audit student records to determine if they have met degree requirements using established University policies
- Audit and prepare diplomas and final transcripts sent to graduates
- Resolve escalated issues from Student Service Counselors using critical thinking and problem-solving skills, including but not limited to graduation related issues
- Provide data regarding graduated students and future projections to various departments
- Process tickets submitted by Student Services Counselors within agreed upon Service Level Agreement depending on type of request
- Determine commencement eligibility throughout the year and coordinate with Commencement Events Team.
- Coordinate with management and other departments in the event students are not eligible to have their degree conferred.
- Create resources and collaborate to insure adequate knowledge sharing occurs between departments regarding graduation related information
- Respond to requests and inquiries routed to the Office of Academic Records from students and other entities
- Process incoming transcript requests, as needed, to insure all requests are processed within the proper timeline. Responsible for identifying when this is necessary and anticipating departmental needs.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution required
- One year relevant work experience preferably in higher education.
- Planning and organizational skills with attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to work effectively with people of diverse cultural backgrounds and/or in team environments
- Written communications skills with a good command of the English language
- Problem solving ability and sound judgment
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite including Excel spreadsheets and a familiarity with software databases is helpful
- Must maintain a high degree of ethics and integrity
- Must maintain confidentiality of information
- Provide a positive example by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.