Academic Program Manager - Colangelo College of Business
Adjunct faculty candidates who are employed full time by Veteran’s Affairs and who are hired by GCU should have a waiver on file with the VA regarding employment with a for-profit educational institution. Waivers are available from the VA.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
The Colangelo College of Business at Grand Canyon University is seeking a full time Academic Program Manager. This critical position is responsible for day-to-day operational management of the academic programs within the Colangelo College of Business. Expected start date is as soon as possible and it is a twelve-month staff position.
- Undergraduate & graduate programs, faculty, and student experience
- Curriculum design/development coordination
- Follow-through with faculty as a curriculum liaison
- Coordination of programmatic assessment plans, findings, actions, and status reports
- Implementation of the operational and curricular improvements
- CCOB liaison with students and ADJ faculty for classroom/scheduling issues
- Manage accounting activities (manage p-card, order supplies, check requests, etc.)
- Resolution of daily faculty and student issues
- Assist with the coordination of CCOB events
- Participate in committee activities as required
- Assist with other projects and activities as assigned by the Dean and Assistant Deans
- Bachelor degree required; Masters degree in business-related is preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in higher education environment
- Possess strong communication skills both written and verbally
- Experience working with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint
- Quantitative abilities with Excel
- Detail-oriented and results-driven
- Self-starter, initiative, project-experienced
- Analytical perspective; team player, collaborative approach to project completion
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU’s Christian worldview has shaped the university’s mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University please visit us at www.gcu.edu.