This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Assistant Sports Information Director
Job Requisition: 8507
Job Category: Sports/Recreation/Fitness
Grand Canyon University is currently seeking an Assistant Sports Information Director to assist with the development and administration of the flow of sports news about the University to the news media.
- Maintains contact with local media and those who cover collegiate sports; organizes press conferences, sets up individual interviews, responds to questions, and provides results and statistics of all University sports.
- Assists with the preparation of news releases and photographs for local, regional and national newspapers, radio and television stations, wire services and hometown news media of student athletes.
- Gathers and compiles statistical information for all sports. A working knowledge of StatCrew statistical software is required.
- Assembles press kits, media guides and official game programs in conjunction with the Marketing Department.
- Responds to media requests for specific news articles, photography sessions, radio, and TV interviews.
- May be required to travel with University athletic teams in order to provide information to representatives of the opponent's sports information office and news media about the team, including updating starting lineups.
- Continue to develop GCU's social media presence, including communications and other materials distributed via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other popular forms of social media.
- Assists with the promotion of individual games and various fund-raising and athletic alumni events.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 0 – 3 years relevant experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Why Grand Canyon University?
Grand Canyon University continues on a path of unprecedented growth as a leading higher education institution – and we invite you to help shape the future successes of both our students and school. Founded in 1949, Grand Canyon University is Arizona's regionally accredited, private, interdenominational Christian university offering premier bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees in extensive college programs.